Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Honey as a sweetener

Honey can be used as a sweetener in the place of sugar or artificial sweeteners.  Some of my readers use honey in their coffee in replacement of sugar. 

While it is true that honey has more calories than sugar, people generally use less honey to sweeten a food than they do sugar and honey is better for you so it is a good tradeoff.  Here is a good article that can tell you a little more about that:  http://www.ehow.com/about_5463395_calories-honey-vs-sugar.html

Use honey on your favorite cereal!  Just had to try the new Banana Nut Cheerios!  It was great!  I added a banana, some wheat germ and a little bit of honey to it.  I usually add all three of these things to all of my cereal.  Without the extra's that I put in the Banana Nut Cheerios only have 100 calories per serving, og of saturated fat, 9g of sugar and 40 iu of vitamin D.  This cereal is so good you can eat it plain like a snack without the milk!

Do you use honey in replacement of sugar for anything?  Please share with me and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment