Saturday, March 12, 2011

Honey to lose weight!

Can it be true?  Well, according to this well written article that I found it is!  You make a tea with honey and cinnamon.  Now I haven't made the tea using the directions from this article but I have tried it a different way.  I have heard that it is important NOT to boil the honey.  What I do is boil the water, put a half a teaspoon of cinnamon in my coffee cup and  pour in the hot water and then add in a teaspoon of honey.  It really tastes great!  I can see where the filtering that this article suggests could be helpful as my method leaves cinnamon particles floating around in the tea but it really doesn't bother me.  I haven't tried this long enough to say for sure whether or not it will help you lose weight but one thing that I can tell you with tastes great and in my opinion it surely must be better for you than drinking coffee.  I am not a coffee drinker and am not really a fan of hot tea either but this makes such a nice warm drink but it's not a caffeine type drink that you would find yourself having the jitters if you don't get your cup in the morning! 

You can also make a honey and lemon tea for weight loss.  Check out this link for more information on how this combination can be helpful to you in losing weight!  Both recipes stress to take this on an empty stomache in the morning a half hour before you eat and in the evening before you go to sleep.


  1. I will have to try this. I love honey, it has many many benefits. I also use it as a sweetener for my coffee.

  2. Wonderful tips! I am a follower of herbal remedies and I learned long ago that honey is a natural antimicrobial. It is also used to soothe and heal strep throat! Good Job!