Saturday, March 12, 2011

Honey to lose weight!

Can it be true?  Well, according to this well written article that I found it is!  http://www.naturalnews.com/022690.html  You make a tea with honey and cinnamon.  Now I haven't made the tea using the directions from this article but I have tried it a different way.  I have heard that it is important NOT to boil the honey.  What I do is boil the water, put a half a teaspoon of cinnamon in my coffee cup and  pour in the hot water and then add in a teaspoon of honey.  It really tastes great!  I can see where the filtering that this article suggests could be helpful as my method leaves cinnamon particles floating around in the tea but it really doesn't bother me.  I haven't tried this long enough to say for sure whether or not it will help you lose weight but one thing that I can tell you with certainty......it tastes great and in my opinion it surely must be better for you than drinking coffee.  I am not a coffee drinker and am not really a fan of hot tea either but this makes such a nice warm drink but it's not a caffeine type drink that you would find yourself having the jitters if you don't get your cup in the morning! 

You can also make a honey and lemon tea for weight loss.  Check out this link for more information on how this combination can be helpful to you in losing weight!  http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-and-lemon.html  Both recipes stress to take this on an empty stomache in the morning a half hour before you eat and in the evening before you go to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. I will have to try this. I love honey, it has many many benefits. I also use it as a sweetener for my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tips! I am a follower of herbal remedies and I learned long ago that honey is a natural antimicrobial. It is also used to soothe and heal strep throat! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete